Sunday, February 17, 2019

Un bautismo, y la pelea entre éxito y fallo.

Hola todos!

This week was really great, most of all because we had a baptism! The baptismal service for the Mora family was beautiful. Especially the testimony of Yenifer, the wife of the family. She said, "The first time the missionaries talked to us a year ago, I felt weird and out of place. But this time something felt different. Something felt right. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true"



The one year old daughter of the Mora family was asleep during the entire baptismal service. =P
I´m pretty sure when she said that I smiled bigger than anyone in the room, except maybe my companion =P. 
Also we set Julian, the son of Jonatan and Oriana, on a baptismal date. His parents can´t be baptized yet because they need to get married. But if Julian gets baptized he will help them to want it even more in their lives. When we shared the doctrine of baptisms for the dead with them, they were sooo excited to hear that they could be baptized for and see their ancestors again. They are currently working to get some papers here to Ecuador so they can get married here. How exciting!



We´ve been working a bit with a few other families, but we aren´t seeing too much progress. We are going to work hard to find a lot more people this week.

This week we had interviews with the mission presidente. He helped me realize that Satan had been controlling a lot of my thoughts. Satan has been making me feel really down. I tend to be self critical, especially when it comes to my own obedience. With that Satan has made me feel like I´m not a very successful missionary, and that has spread to other problems. Something really important that my presidente said is that our mistakes and weaknesses don´t define us. We are all children of God with infinite worth. When my mission presidente sees me he doesn´t see a struggling young man with lots of problems. He see´s a wonderful missionary that is trying to do what is right. That helps me out a lot. If you are feeling down, I would invite you to remember who God thinks you are, and keep working to be more like he wants you to be. 

Nos vemos!

Elder Cloward




No comments:

Post a Comment