Sunday, December 15, 2019

My companion prepared a surprise birthday party behind my back.

Hola Amigos! 



So this week was fun, we were able to teach Carmen this week about the word of wisdom, which is God's commandment for health. It was a good one for her because she struggles with diabetes and she was able to commit to receive more blessing from God for her health. She is really happy and every time she talks about her baptism she has a huge grin on her face. 

We also taught Kevin and he's doing really great. He has huge desires to come closer to God.
This week we met with an old family that we hadn't gotten to see in a long time the Padilla family. They were very happy to see us and offered to give us crabs this Friday.

Also I was given a surprise talk on Sunday right before sacrament meeting started, so I scrambled together some ideas I had been thinking about Christmas and shared some stories about some people I had taught before. I like speaking in sacrament meeting. It helps me realize how important the work I've done here has been.

I Also did a lot of fun things for my birthday this week. We bought a lot of food for lunch at a seafood place, and we went to the chapel expecting that a member would give us a reference there but being surprised by a birthday party my companion had shared behind my back. I am very grateful to have Elder Williams as my last companion. He and I understand the mission and life very similarly and he hasn't had as much success in his mission as I have, but he has definitely helped me to have a better outlook on life which I appreciate a lot. 

I love Elder Williams!

Chao!

Elder Cloward

Here are a few pictures from the week.







No comments:

Post a Comment