Monday, February 19, 2018

Losing the whole zone!

Hola Todos!

This week felt like it went by so fast, but it also felt as if it was super long. 

We had an exceptional devotional on Tuesday about the Book of Mormon.   It is the most true book out of any book on the entire planet. I know that it is the word of God. Also, there is a project among the church to make Book of Mormon videos. They showed a sneak preview of them in the devotional, and they look like they will turn out really well. They will be a very good missionary tool. 

On Wednesday our district had the opportunity to host new missionaries coming to the  Missionary Training Center. It was rather hectic and also bittersweet because the new missionaries had three minutes to hug their families, leave their old lives behind and join the ranks of God's army. What a sacrifice! The Elder I hosted is serving in Salt Lake City. Because he doesn't have to learn a language he will leave the Missionary Training Center before I do. It's a pretty strange thought.

Fourteen of the twenty Elders in my zone are leaving early next week, and I think may only get 8 new ones. We are shrinking, and it will get a lot quieter in our dorms. It is rather sad to have them all leave, because I've grown rather close to a lot of them, but I know that they are off on the Lord's errand. After they leave, I will be one of the older Elder's in the zone, and I will have to step up to leading the new Elders. I hope I can welcome the new Elders with almost the same level of excitement as I was welcomed on my first day. (I say almost because the welcome I got was really really wild.)

I have gained a stronger testimony recently that music is a part of God's kingdom. Through choir here, or just humming tunes throughout my day, I have been able to stay much happier. It's amazing!

I'm pretty bad at remembering to take pictures. If you would like to see a picture of something I am experiencing here, send me an email and I will attach it in the next big email. If you have specific questions, please send me an email. I will respond to all emails. (99.9% chance to respond because something may come up keeping me from writing back) 

Elder Miller and I are currently teaching two investigators.

Laura is 18 and very excited to learn more about God and her purpose here in the United States. It is very easy to teach someone who has so much faith and wants the gospel so much in her life. She has learned to pray and read the Book of Mormon to answer her questions, and we taught her about the restoration. It's exciting!

Mauricio is 22 and is from Bolivia. He is Catholic and has a firm belief that if a church invites someone to Christ it is good. What he doesn't understand is that the church needs all of the authority from God in order to allow him to return to live in heaven. It has been rather frustrating to try and teach him when he hasn't yet taken the message to heart. On Monday, Elder Miller and I will testify strongly of the need for a restoration and the truth of our restored church. I plan to bring a bunch of cups labeled as different points of doctrine and stack them in the room. The cups provide stepping stones for us to reach God, A sticky note I will put on the wall. Then, I will explain how when Christ died, some cups (prophets, revelation, and the priesthood) were removed and the people on earth tried to make churches that brought people to God but they couldn't get there. They got people closer, but not all the way there. Thus we needed a restoration. Then I will testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church. It has revelation, and priesthood, and prophets. It is the only church that allows people to return and live with God. 

To Mauricio, and everyone, you too can know that this church is the only true church if you read and pray about the Book of Mormon. Then if you pray with real intent, you can know through the Holy Ghost.
know this is true. 

Nos Vemos!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment