Saturday, February 3, 2018

Preparation day no. 1

Hola Todos!

I am so excited to be here. The work of inviting others to Christ is the most important work on this Earth. They accelerate learning really quickly here. 

Day one, we were already speaking Spanish and teaching investigators about the church through classes called "People and our Purpose". 

Day two, we learned even more Spanish and helped other missionaries know how to overcome their weaknesses. I helped another elder who was learning Spanish feel more confident by reading Ether 12 :27 to him. If we are humble and work hard, our weaknesses will become our strengths. When I told him his Spanish would become a strength if he worked at it, the spirit confirmed the message. It was powerful! 

Day three, my district taught our first investigator in complete Spanish. His name is Jared, and he's at BYU because a friend told him they had a good program for studying business. He wants to know if God is there, but he is unsure. It was intimidating to teach him! My companion and I taught him about Joseph Smith, revelation, faith and prayer. We did a pretty good job teaching, but I feel like he needed a greater invitation to pray and ask God if he is there, and read Alma 32 to learn more of faith. I think we brought the spirit, which is important. Today we will teach him again and we will have a better knowledge of how to invite him to act, and we will do a better job testifying of God and Christ.

Whenever we discuss Jared and the chance that he will have to feel the spirit, I feel a little bit of the love that God has for him. It's wonderful. God loves all of us unconditionally. As an Elder, I also must love everyone. Please pray that Jared will want to exercise his faith and pray to God.

The food here is pretty good, and I like the whole atmosphere. I have an little issue where I wake up 30 minutes before we are supposed to and can't go back to sleep because I'm too excited to start working. It is great, but I need sleep. 

My companion is Elder Miller. He is from Arizona, and is going to Bolivia on his mission. He doesn't show a lot of emotion and is one of the most laid-back people I've met , but he has a great sense of humor. He has a lot of trouble sleeping though, and even with lots of melatonin, he stays up for a lot of the night. Please pray that he can sleep.

My zone is really crazy. They have a lot of wild traditions that are on the brink of being too much. However, they all have very strong testimonies of the Church, Christ, and the mission. They are wonderful. 

This work is great! I love all of it! I love my savior, and I love Jared our investigator! 
Also I'm typing this on a very sticky keyboard.

Gracias!

Elder Cloward







No comments:

Post a Comment