Monday, April 9, 2018

Snowing in April!?

Hola Todos!

What a week! 

This weekend, the entire church had the opportunity to hear the words of the prophets and leaders of the church in an event called general conference. It was powerful. The prophets counseled us to do the little things that help us grow our faith and serve others as Christ would. One part that really stuck out to me was when the prophet, Russel M. Nelson told us to discover how we can receive personal revelation from God so we can understand what he wants us to do. God wants to talk to all of us. We just need to be willing to receive his guidance. 

Another part I really liked was from Elder Uchtdorf's talk. He said that if we are struggling with anything, anything, we should "Behold the Man." Turn to Christ.

The work here is progressing also. 

Holly, Angie, Nicolas, Mark, and his son Sincere participating in watching the general conference. I really hope they received answers they needed to hear. 

Elder Madsen and I are finding so many people to teach that it is making my head hurt. 

We met two people (Rick, and Cleo) who said they were looking for a new church and were excited to see what ours had to offer. We taught Cleo about the restoration, and she was very interested. I hope she can continue to grow and learn the truthfulness of our message. 

We also have pinpointed a few different apartment complexes with Spanish speaking people in them. The Spanish speakers are very open to talking and helping us learn how to speak Spanish. I am excited to learn more from them, and teach them the eternal truths of the gospel. The only struggle is that no one in the ward speaks Spanish, so if they were to join the church, they wouldn't understand anything. We really don't have a good way to solve this dilemma. Maybe God will provide a way. 

Angie, has been progressing well. She doesn't have any work right now, so she is very responsive when we send her text messages. We can practically teach her lessons over the phone.

Mark and his son Sincere are going through a very tough part of there life, and Mark is trying to overcome his struggles with the word of wisdom. Please keep them in your prayers. 

We met a guy named Luis who had met with missionaries in his past, but had moved, and he was wondering where we were. God led us to him, and now we have the opportunity to teach him more. 

One of the members led us to this very happy college professor named Chris. He teaches Engineering at Bucknell university. He is very outgoing and loves guitars and music. He has over 100 guitars and offered to help Elder Madsen and I learn how to play on our preparation day. I hope we can gain good friendship with him and teach him the joys of the gospel.

I personally am struggling a little bit with feeling courageous to talk with everyone. I feel like I have wonderful things to tell people about the joys of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God's love for us, but I struggle being brave enough to open my mouth and declare my excitement. I find however when I do open my mouth, I am able to testify strongly of the restoration of Christ's gospel. 

Elder Madsen has challenged me to do 100 squats every day. The first few days it was really hard, but my legs are getting stronger and now I'm not completely sore anymore. Just thought I would add that in. :P

I love it here in the country. Most people are very pleasant and willing to talk. The area is beautiful, and it will be more so when the trees start growing leaves. 

Nos Vemos! 

Elder Cloward

Here's a tour of our apartment:


Our car out in the April Snow.

The front area of our apartment with weights and a treadmill

The living area in our apartment with my companion cooking fajitas in the Kitchen.

Our bedroom.

1962 record album of Johnny Cash that was in the apartment when we got there. :P

The study room. We don't have blinds yet for that window, so I am blinded by the sun every morning when we do our studies.

The kitchen. My companion is making fajitas.

The creepy stairs leading down into the dark basement!

The dark and scary basement! Monsters live down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment