Thursday, March 29, 2018

Music, visas, and purpose

Hola Todos!

Life in the mission is starting to move a little bit. We are beginning to understand the area a little better, and build up our teaching pool so we can spend more time teaching those who are interested, and less time finding, among those who aren't always interested.

However, we are only allowed a certain number of travel miles each month, and the last missionaries in this area used too many, so for this last week in March we won't be able to drive our car. We will have to spend a lot more time finding people closer to our apartment then visiting people further away. I feel like God needs us to find some people that are closer to teach.

I've gotten a lot of emails recently pertaining to my visa to Ecuador. 

It has been validated. 

Yay!

Now I need to wait to receive some paperwork to sign in the mail. After that, my visa and passport will come and travel plans will be made. I am expecting to stay here in Pennsylvania another 4 weeks and then be off to Ecuador. Exciting!

Our investigators here are progressing well. Cindy and Angie are really fun people, and I believe they understand why it is important to have prophets. This weekend all of the prophets and apostles of our church will speak to us. I hope Cindy and Angie can join us in listening to what they have to say and know how they can change their lives to be better.

Holly is also doing very well. Her faith is growing a lot. I think she has more faith than she knows. She will be baptized in three weeks!

Another investigator named Gail is trying to overcome her addictions. Please pray that she can have the strength to do so so that she can be baptized in four weeks

Nicolas, a Spanish investigator was super excited to talk with us, and now that he can hear the words of God in the Spanish, his testimony and faith will grow a lot. 

We also found a lot more Spanish speakers in the area who are interested in hearing from us. I am excited to teach them! The only problem will be inviting them to participate in English church services. I hope we can figure a way that they can hear church in Spanish.

I've also been studying a lot here about how I can personally fulfill my purpose as a missionary better. I need to get a lot better at talking to people (I think that part of that includes knowing how to make good jokes in conversations). I also need to learn how to trust God more. Trust that every single person won't be interested in hearing about the gospel, and God will help us find the one. Those are a few ways that I feel I can improve in order to be a better instrument for God.

What do most 19 year old young men do? Some are moving along with life, getting jobs or going to school. Most are doing things that they enjoy like going to parties, playing video games or sports. I am not. I am here serving God. I am giving up two years of my life, the prime part of my life to serve God and my fellow men. Why? Because I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God is real. That he loves every single one of us, and because of this love he has revealed the gospel of Jesus Christ (the way to have joy in this life and the life to come) to modern prophets. I want everyone to have that joy, and that is why I am here.

Thank you all for all of the support.

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment