Sunday, June 17, 2018

Never would I think to feel Godly sorrow for sleeping in, but I felt pretty bad this morning :P

Hola todos!

A lot happened this week, and when a lot happens, time moves really really slowly. 

For one, we had transfers, Elder Sócola left :(, but Elder Gómez came! :)

I cooked papi-huevo becase elder Sócola left. I burned myself with the oil :P
Elder Gómez is from Lima Perú, has been in the mission the same amount of time as me, and has been a member of the church for a little over a year. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and especially eternal families, so we get along really well.

Elder Gómez and I outside of the chapel. I had really bad allergies so my nose is a little red.​
We´ve been working really hard together to talk to a lot of people, but my goal is to talk with everyone in the street, and we are still really far from that goal. 

We´ve been struggling in this sector since we opened it to find a lot of new investigators to teach every week. Often we hear stories about missionaries in the right place at the right time, but I always feel like we aren´t in the right place at the right time to find people :( :P.  But I still have faith that this is God´s work, and we are his servants. 

Monica was baptized this week!!! The service was really powerful. She bore a short but strong testimony after that she knew this was the right thing to do to help her daughter. Wow!!!!

​Monica at her baptism. Her brother, daughter, us Elders, and the Hermanas are in the foto also.
We are also working with a part member family that has a sister in the mission. The dad in the family doesn´t have very much time to meet with us because he works as a taxi driver in the night time and is sleeping during the day. His three daughters really want to be baptized, but we want to help him first and baptize the whole family. 





No comments:

Post a Comment