Sunday, July 8, 2018

The food finally beat me...

Hola todos!

You are probably wondering the meaning of the title. Well, the food here finally got the best of me. This past week I felt a little odd in my stomach, so I tried not to eat as much as I usually do (which is a lot) and on Saturday I felt a lot better, but then Sunday rolled around and after lunch on Sunday I threw up in the street. So today and yesterday I spent a lot of time sleeping and drinking lots of liquids. Despite all this mess, God has really been blessing us.

We are teaching lots of families right now.

First the GuaƱo family. They are a family of six, and they are all really cool people, but have been having a lot of family problems because the father has had a hard time finding work. This past week, he found a job! Yesterday, amidst my stomach issues we taught them all about the Book of Mormon and how it can help them be closer as a family.

Second the Salazar family. They are a family of four that know a little bit about the church but are really excited to learn more. The mother of the family said that our church sticks out to her more than other churches in the area. Something calls to her attention, and the father has a sister who is a member. He is really excited to learn more, but they are both really strong catholics, so getting them to make a change will be difficult.

Third, I want to talk a little bit about a person that we contacted a while ago. Her name is Yolanda Chavez, and she was just walking near us so we introduced ourselves and talked a little bit. She lives in a different sector, in the southern part of Riobamba so we sent the reference to the other Elders. Just recently we found out that Yolanda has a really big fine of 7000 dollars that she has to pay so she can´t really leave her house. However, she is very excited about the church and the peace it brings her. In a week, she read almost 500 pages of the Book of Mormon. Sadly she plans to leave Riobamba to escape the problems she is having with the law. Hopefully she will be able to find missionaries where she is going and continue to progress.

Nos vemos luego!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment