Monday, November 19, 2018

Hard Changes

Hola todos!

Well transfers came this week, and I am leaving Santo Domingo tomorrow. =(. I have spent a lot of these past few months developing charity, or the pure love of Christ, in order to be a better teacher and friend to the members and people here in Bombolí. There is only one problem with that. When you love people it is a lot harder to leave. I had a couple of tough moments with members and investigators yesterday. I will have a few more today, and some of the people I won´t even get to see and say goodbye. It will be really hard. 
The new sector will also be really different. I am going to a part in the center of Quito called la Colón. The ward is called La Gasca. All I know is that it is near the mission offices and it is a lot richer than what I am used to. It may be a lot harder to find people who want to hear the message. I think it is about time for me to learn to test my faith and work harder to find people ready to make covenants with God. I am ready for the challenge.
This week Jesus and Idilia were baptized. It was a little hard because Jesus had to schedule his work to allow time. We had the baptismal service at 4:00 in the afternoon, and later he went straight to work. (he works in security at night) He worked all night, and made it to church on Sunday to be confirmed. It was absolutely incredible. He is a great example to me of someone who puts God first in his life, even before sleep. Here are some baptismal fotos.



And lastly today for P-day we had the best activity I´ve had in my mission. We went out to the countryside and rented bicycles for 2 dollars an hour and rode them through the farmlands of Santo Domingo. It was really refreshing and calming, Except for the Elder who didn´t know how to ride, and the dog that tried to attack some of the missionaries. I hope I have more opportunities to do more activities like that in the future. I really loved it.



Here´s some other photos with members we took to say goodbye.  




And with that I think I have finished the week. I hope you all have a good one! Now I´m going to pull out the sweaters again because Quito is really cold right now.
Love you all!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment