Monday, January 21, 2019

Halfway gone, Almost.

Hola todos!

The title is to say that tomorrow is the halfway point in my mission. Or that the glass is already half full, or half empty, depending how you look at it. It makes me rather sad that I only have 1 year left. But we will make it better than last year. 

This week we met a few more great people.

We were finishing lunch one day and when we stepped outside, someone from a third story yelled at us saying "Yo si quiero!" or ´yes I want that!´ I asked him, what do you want, and he said ese alimento. Or that food, meaning food for the soul. We talked a bit with him (his name is Jonatan) and he really wants to get closer to God so that he can preach the gospel like us. Except he wants to go to the United States to preach in English. He is really interesting, but has really strong desires to follow what we teach.

Also we talked to a woman called Marisol, who said that she was interested in our message especially because we talked about the chance that she had to see her dad after this life, even though she never met him. The doctrine of family history is really powerful.

The Escobar family sadly decided that for obligations are going to attend a different church that helped the father of the family escape his addiction. I know that family will be baptized, it just isn´t their time yet.

The Conforme family hasn´t been reading the Book of Mormon recently, and because of that they don´t want to progress more. We are going to work really hard this week so they can read.

The Mora Puentes family is also doing really well. They will have there interviews this week!

For P-day, we learned how to cook menestra, which is a way of preparing beans here. Here are a few pictures.

 It was really tasty, but I almost died when I was cutting up the onion.
Menestra, rice, avocado, patacones (a type of banana fried and squashed), and higado (cow liver) REALLY TASTY! 

My family sent me peach rings!


Well I beli-beli-belive that that´s all folks. Nos vemos!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment