Monday, January 14, 2019

The Head of a Guinea Pig

Hola todos!

This week flew by, but I definitely enjoyed it.

We met a really great family (Mora, Puentes) of Venezuelans who attended church last week. They are really excited about everything and are going to be baptized in February. 

Also the Escobar family came to church yesterday. We told them all about family history work and they were really excited to hear about it. They are looking like they are going to keep progressing a lot. 

The Conforme family also is progressing a lot. I don´t remember if I talked about them in the last emails, but the father of the family was struggling with an addiction a few months back but has come out of it and wants to join the church because his family are all members. His wife also really loves the church and is willing to get married so the both of them can be baptized. Yesterday they served us cuy, or Guinea Pig for dinner. I really loved it, enough that when I finished my piece, and wanted more they gave me the head. I don´t know if eat Guinea pig brains is on any ones bucket list, but I completed it. =P

We spent a lot of money for p-day. My companion didn´t have any sweaters or coats so we went to buy some. I bought a poncho (insert picture here) and another sweater because in these days recently it has been really cold and rainy. When it is cold in Quito, the cold goes right through your clothes and reaches the bones. It is not very fun. 

The man we found to buy coats was a member of the church. He talked to us a little bit about how he was a millionaire, but in the things of God. When we are with God, he said, we are rich. It was nice to find someone so happy.

I´ve begun to grow a lot more in love for the people here in La Gasca. Once again it will be really hard to leave when that time comes. Luckily we should have 2 more months here in Quito.

Well I don´t have a lot more to say. I hope you all have a great week, and remember that God loves you a lot, and when you are with him, you are rich.

Elder Cloward



No comments:

Post a Comment