Sunday, October 6, 2019

Miracles, and a bugs in my stomach

Hola Amigos!

We had a really good week. We haven't really been able to find a lot of new people this week, but we have found a few opportunities, and we saw a miracle in the progress of someone.

First of all, Maria Belen was baptized this week. We are really happy for her. She has always been worried to attend the class with the other young women in church, but her family members shoved her in this time, and she was fine in there.

Also Deysi her aunt is getting baptized this week. She is really prepared for it and I know God will bless her a lot. It has been hard to talk with her really well because she is always with all of her family when we teach them, and that makes it hard to teach, but she is really good about completing homework we leave and whenever we ask her how she feels about baptism, she says "great!"

Last week we met a new family. AlĂ­ is a member of the church but doesn't go because his wife, Magdalena didn't want to yet. Last week when we met with them, Magdalena said that she didn´t believe that Sunday was the sabbath that is written in the scriptures. But this last Friday when we went to visit them, she told us, "I got my answer. I was trusting my own knowledge and not trusting in God." She came to church on Sunday. It was incredible how the spirit worked to help her.

On Saturday, we planned a ward activity, and 90 people came. We were expecting less than 80, maybe 60? But we had to buy more refreshments at the end. It was really exciting because a lot of members brought friends. A Venezuelan sister in the church brought her daughter and grand-children that aren't members, so this week I hope to meet them and teach them.

We played soccer today for p-day for the first time in a while. A lot of the missionaries were really rusty, and afterwards we played a really intense game of Phase10. It was a pretty good breakday.

However, I feel like I've got some bugs in my stomach. I think I may need to watch what I'm eating a little bit more. I'll update you guys on that this week.

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment