Monday, May 28, 2018

Bad pancakes, not enough contacts (or not the right contacts), the highest mountain in the world

Hola todos!

This week we had a lot of lessons fall through, and we weren´t able to contact enough to find very many new investigators. We did contact into a drunk man in a bar who sang us some love songs and told me "Hasta la Vista baby"

Monica is progressing very well. This Saturday, she said her first prayer in public. It makes me so happy to watch people come closer to God.
Abraham is really enjoying the church meetings. Our only problem is that we haven´t had very much time to teach him. He still needs to learn a lot.
Christian is also really excited to continue, but he hasn´t yet attended church.

Today we took a trip to Chimborazo with a large group of missionaries from the zone. Chimborazo is the largest volcano in the world. I wish I had a picture of the whole thing from the distance, but it´s hard to take one on a clear day. From bottom to top, Everest is the largest mountain in the world, but if you count the shape of the earth the top of Chimborazo is closer to the sun than everest. Of course we didn´t go to the top, but we still were up really high. 5100 meters!


We had to hitchhike to make it back to the city because the bus that came back to pick us up was full. There were some really interesting deer llama type things up there called Vicuñas.



My companion and I have been experimenting with making pancakes. The pancakes in these pictures have banana, choclate, chia seeds, a little mayonaise, and a little yogurt. They made my companion sick, but not me. He says that I´m a pig.


Next week I will contact a lot more people, and hopefully not more drunk people.
I will have more investigators to talk about! 

Gracias por todo!

Elder Cloward





No comments:

Post a Comment