Sunday, May 6, 2018

First week in Ecuador!

Hola Todos!
The view outside the zone leaders apartment.
I like to watch the cats outside in the morning.
I don´t have a whole lot of time right now, but I will see what I can write. 

Ecuador is incredible! It is so beautiful here. The weather is perfect in the mornings and hot in the afternoons. Although my companion thinks that it is cold in the mornings. I am serving in an area called Alamos in Riobamba. We are starting the area, so it has been a while since Elders were here so we don´t have a house or a phone. We have to share with some different Elders, the zone leaders. We are pretty lost most of the time, and we have to walk a lot to get to our sector. 

The branch here is really awesome, and we´ve eaten a lot of great food at the members homes. The food here is incredible, and I haven´t gotten sick yet! 
We generally stay in the members homes during lunch for a while, because the lunches are really big. 

We´ve found a couple of great families to teach also. One family was actually four living together in one house. They were very receptive to our message, and with one lesson, we had 7 new investigators. Que genial!

Massive waterfall!
This P-day we took a trip out into the jungle to see a massive waterfall, and that is why I don´t have a whole lot of time to write. My companion wants to visit more out in that area, so maybe next week we will leave earlier in order to return with more time to write, and eat lunch, because we haven´t done that yet.

I am working on the spanish, because it is hard to understand people right now, but I can speak ok. 

Thank you for all the support!


Us near the waterfall!

Me getting drenched behind massive waterfall!


No comments:

Post a Comment