Saturday, May 19, 2018

Lots of rain, more cake, Mother´s day.


Feliz día de la Madre from a very rainy Riobamba!

We worked really hard this week, but a lot of rain made contacting much harder. We taught a few part member families and have a good chance at baptizing many of the nonmembers in the family. Christian and Monica are members of a strong family of recent converts who really want to change their lives but don´t have a lot of time to meet with us. Monica has a hard time because she is only 18 years old but already has a 2 year old very rebellious daughter. Abraham, the nephew of the branch mission leader came to church last week and really enjoyed it. 

My parents gave me some silly putty to use to play with crazy kids while I was here, but I ended up using it to patch some cracks in the wall of our house to keep the rain out. One of the days this week it rained really hard for the entire day. 

We bought another cake for 8 dollars this time, only because my companion wanted to. It has a jam filling on the inside, and is even more delicious than the first.

For Mother´s day, I had a wonderful opportunity to call my family on skype for 45 minutes. I was able to bear strong testimony that what I was doing was of God, and that perfect love casteth out all fear. 

I know God is real, and he loves us. I know that his son Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer and because of him we can repent. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that this church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God´s church on the earth.

Love you all!

Elder Cloward

7 dollar cake for Emma´s birthday

8 dollar cake. Really tasty inside!

My companion has an electric machine that sends electricity
through your muscles to help them relax?
I don´t really know what it is meant for.
But here I am sending pulses of electricity through my arms.

The very empty living room of our new house. 

Our study room

Our bedroom

Luckily we don´t have to shower by bucket,
but the water is poor here so we have a large filtered jug.
The water from the shower is really really warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment