Sunday, July 8, 2018

You don´t know what you have until you lose it

Hola todos!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone that prayed for me and my health this week. The week went really slowly because I couldn´t work 100%, and the fruits of this week were few. The one miracle that I found the greatest is that I was able to eat ice cream and a really tasty hamburger today and my stomach isn´t mad at me. I´ve never had better ice cream in my life. Earlier this week I was eating only crackers and bananas. But now I´m just about back to normal. Give thanks to God that you can eat without stomach pain, because you don´t know what you have until you lose it. 
This is a photo to tell you all that I need a haircut. (I got one)
We found one person who is interested in our message this week. Her name is Nelly and she has a family of 5. She is catholic (like almost everyone here), but doesn´t believe in a lot of the things that catholics believe, (statues of virgens etc) She has family who are members of the church and is really excited to learn more.

The Guaño family are moving forward... sort of. The parents are still stuck to their hard core catholic beliefs but the children are really excited to keep learning and are feeling the spirit strongly of our message. I feel like the mother has a feeling that our message is true but doesn´t want to make the change for some reason. If they don´t come to church this week we might leave them to find other investigators that are ready. 

Also German, who we´ve been working with to put a baptisimal date is struggling to come to church because of his work obligations. This week he said he would. Vamos a ver.

I´ve recently been studying a lot about God´s power. I´ve been reading through the Book of Mormon marking in yellow everything that has to do with the power of God. The pages with Alma the younger´s conversion are almost completely yellow. Alma the younger started out as a very wicked man. He persecuted the church of God and caused many to fall away, but through an angel of God, he saw what he was doing and through much repentance, he changed as a person. I think the greatest power that God has is the power to change hearts. The hearts of us as missionaries to better obey the commandments, the hearts of the investigators to want to move closer to God, and the hearts of all of the people in the Earth to become better people and get along well. This can only happen if we allow him to touch our hearts spiritually. This happens to the people who come unto him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. If we are willing to change, through Christ, we can.

Hasta la próxima semana!

Elder Cloward


The most tasty thing I could eat earlier this week was bananas and saltine crackers.

This stuff may have played a really big role in my getting better


This is called Los Altares, it is a volcano that exploded over a thousand years ago.
Before it went BOOM, it was bigger than Chimborazo.
Some of the stones from it were found in Peru and columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment