Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The importance of the sabbath day

Hola amigos!

We had a great time this week. Although we slacked a little bit in our diligence and I got sick, we still saw a few great miracles.

 Two weeks ago we had a chapel open house, basically a tour of the church building. Most of the people who came and live within our sector live a little far away. But we went to visit one of them, a young family. Johanna and Henry Caiza. Henry is a less active member of the church and Johanna isn´t a member yet. We went to teach them about the sabbath day because they didn´t come to church last week when we invited them. 
We taught that Christ suffer all of our pain, sins, temptations, difficulties, and so much more when he was on the earth and because of that, in him we can find peace, comfort, and repentance. We go to church every week not just to learn more about God, but to remember our hero Jesus Christ who saved us from every bad thing that comes from living in this world. When we takes the sacrament, we remember that act, and can be cleansed again  and again. 

When we taught them about that, Johanna started crying, and said that she always wanted to join the church, but her parents didn´t support her. Just recently, her parents started to support her and even want to learn more about the church. What makes things better is that marriage dropped in price. It used to cost 85 dollars to get married but now it only costs 45. Think we may have a wedding soon!

Henry at first was making up all kinds of excuses for why he wasn´t reading in the Book of Mormon or praying frequently, but he taught me about humility. After about the third time of bugging him about it, he said, You are right. I´m not doing everything I can to be a good father of this family. My wife is putting in a lot of effort to get married to me and join the church, but I´m just relying on what I used to know from when I went to church earlier. I need to work harder to keep progressing and help my wife in this process.  It impressed me soo much how humble he was to recognize his mistakes and decide to change. I love this family!

Well I think that may be all I´ve got for today. Here´s a picture in the cool lighting that a bus had. 


Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment