Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Leaving the MTC!

A fun place to study!
Hola todos!

A lot happened this week. We finished our role-playing as a district.  We got the Hermana's to get over their desires to party and drink a lot in order to feel the spirit and the presence of God more powerfully in their lives. They also managed to help Elder Miller and I who were role-playing, to overcome some our our characters obstacles and come closer to Christ. It was very powerful to teach that way. Now that Elder Miller and I have gotten a groove in our teaching lessons in Spanish, we are not teaching together anymore. Que triste!

This week on Thursday our district had the opportunity to take some Spanish tests to determine how well we were doing and how the training center could improve the teaching of Spanish to the new missionaries. It was really hard, but I know more than I thought I new. We took one that is issued by the government to determine fluency for government jobs. We will be able to get a report on that and how fluent we are soon. Probably not very fluent. :P

I played the piano solo I talked about in my last weeks email. It was a great way for me to bear testimony of Christ in the language of music, my favorite language.

And now information that you've probably all been wondering about. Is Elder Cloward going to Ecuador? Is his visa here?


Nope. The visa is still being processed. I have been reassigned until my visa can come through. I am now serving in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh mission! Everyone who was supposed to go to Ecuador was reassigned this week. Others are going to Texas, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. At first it was very disappointing. I submitted all of my
My new mission assignment.
paperwork for the Visa about four months ago. But through a devotional from President Ballard, the president of the quorum of the twelve apostles I was reminded that missionary work is not for me. It is for God. I need to put my trust in him that he will send me where he needs me. At first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to learn very much Spanish in Pittsburgh, but during that devotional, God told me through the Holy Ghost, that if I work my hardest while in Pennsylvania, I will be ready to go to Ecuador when my Visa comes.

Instead of my earlier departure date, I am now departing Wednesday the 14th at 3:30 in the morning. I get more time with people here, but less sleep the day before I leave. My companion got his visa and will still be leaving on Monday, so for two days I will have different companions. I will miss Elder Miller a lot.

Remember, that God has all of us in mind. We may not see it, but He knows what is best for us. Trust him, and he will direct thy paths.

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment