Sunday, March 4, 2018

Laundry soap, music, English fasts

Hola Todos!

Weeks are really flying by now! My district all got their travel plans yesterday. I'm scheduled to leave the MTC on Tuesday 3/12 at 4:50 in the morning. We will have to see if my visa arrives in time for me to go to Ecuador, or if they reassign me for a couple months. 

This week on Wednesday two new Elders joined the zone. We did a lot of goofy things to help them feel welcome. I'm really getting a love for all of the Elders in my zone. They all have strong testimonies and are fun people as well. Although one of the Elders, his name is Elder Gardner, is really struggling and wanting to go home. Please pray that he will find comfort and feel God's love.

It was sad to teach Mauricio his final lesson on Friday. He was such a great person to teach, and he helped both Elder Miller and I learn a lot. We got him to commit to baptism this week, and had to testify of the power of reading the scriptures to him on Tuesday because he didn't read the night before. I told him that when we follow God's commandments that our peace can be like unto a river. If you are seeking more peace in your life, try to come closer to God by following his commandments.

Now, Elder Miller and I only have the three Hermana's in our district to teach. They are role-playing as Maya, who is very excited to learn the gospel, Marcela, who likes to party and isn't really sure if God is real, and Rosa who had a troublesome past and needs a lot of comfort from God. Please pray that Elder Miller and I will be able to teach them with power and the spirit, because it is very challenging to teach three people at the same time when they all come from different backgrounds.

Spanish is going very well. Our district fasted English on Thursday, meaning that we tried to only speak Spanish throughout the whole. It was really hard, but really good to keep us thinking about Spanish. I hope to do that more this upcoming week.

Also I received a couple of packages this week from my family. They sent me a brown belt, to match a pair of very comfortable brown shoes and a speaker that can play music from an SD card. It is really nice to have music in our dorm rooms. I really enjoy it.

They also got me some laundry soap. I am allergic to many standard types of laundry soap so I got some better stuff to keep my clothes from giving me rashes. Because of the rashes, the doctors here prescribed me some strong cream and lotion. They said to apply them 2-3 times a day, but 1 time has been plenty to help my skin. 

I also got a haircut this week because my long hair was bothering me. It is a little early, most missionaries get haircuts just a few days before they leave, but I felt like getting mine today. 

Tomorrow I will be playing a piano solo I arranged in our meeting on Sunday. I hope I can bear a strong musical testimony of Jesus Christ and how he has changed my life.

Last Sunday, the BYU men's chorus came and sang hymns for our Sunday devotional. There was such a strong spirit, but it was really hard to see my older brother singing in the chorus and not go and say hi to him and give him a hug. I don't usually miss my family, because I'm too busy working hard, but this time I did. I want to thank all of them for how much they have done for me. They are incredible and I love the very much.

Hasta Luego!

Elder Cloward




No comments:

Post a Comment