Sunday, August 25, 2019

Chichico monkeys, Chicha de yuca, Fish scales, and hitting your head on a wood beam and after on a fridge

Hola Amigos!

Sorry about the long subject. Lot's of fun things happened this week. 

On Tuesday we met a kid named Joseph who was really interested in the message, but his parents have him in another church and they told him to not listen to us. So that was rather sad, but we got to see his three pet monkeys. I didn't get a picture, but you call look them up. They are called chichico monkeys.

Also this week we met some indigenous people. They speak Quechua, and Spanish, but they gave us a drink they make here called Chicha de Yuca. They get yuca, which is kind of like a potato, cook it, smash it, chew it, and spit it out into a bowl and let it ferment for a few days. They told us that the kind they made wasn't fermented yet, but it tasted super weird. 

Later, a family we taught (the family of Jofre) gave us a soup made from water with salt, and fish they had caught that same day in the river by hand, and cooked plantain. The fish was barbecued in a leaf and placed in the water after. Almost all of the fishes had scales and we ate all of the scales bones and everything. It was surprisingly delicious. Sadly Jofre didn't come to church. =(

But Juan Pablo did. He is super excited for his baptism, but his cousin María who was preparing didn't come to church and is losing interest a little bit. We are going to help her out this week. 

Lastly, on Sunday we helped some members move a fridge and I was walking backwards with one of them and my companion on the other side and the other member. I didn't see a big wooden beam and a smaller wire that was wrapped around it and backed into it bonking my head on it and afterwards from whiplash hit my mouth on the fridge. The wire punctured a small hole in my head and I split my lip. It didn't hurt very much, but I'm upset now because of my bumped lip. 

Well that's about all.

Nos vemos!

Elder Cloward






No comments:

Post a Comment