Monday, August 5, 2019

Unity, A nice moustache, and more volleyball (Without hurting your neck)

Hola amigitos!

This week was a little rough because we had a rough time trying to find new people to teach and all the people we have right now say they are coming to church and then they don´t... So we are working on that. 
I learned something super important about that - 

Alma 60: 23
Now I would that ye should remember that God has said that the inward vessel shall be cleansed first, and then shall the outer vessel be cleansed also. 

Moroni was mad about how things weren´t going very well in the war that they were waging with the Lamanites. The government wasn´t supporting them so this was his response. I feel like this applies a lot to missionary work. Especially to the idea of unity in the companionship. If a companionship is united, and having fun in the work, they are more successful because spiritual power is brought to the companionship. My current companion is rather quiet, but I´ve noticed that he is a really good listener. I haven´t been doing my part in letting him know how I feel and have just been waiting for him to ask me. Basically that we are doing a jigsaw puzzle but no one has put the first piece in yet. I plan to open up to my companion more this week so that we will see more success.

This week, we had to go one divisions because we had a lot of lessons planned and another companion ship needed some baptismal interview. When we got to the chapel, I sat with Elder Mora (who I was on divisions with) and he was freaking out because all the 3 lessons they had planned had fallen through and a member was coming to accompany them. When the member showed up, we went out to try and see if the visits could happen, but nobody was home. And as we were going back to the chapel with our heads down and apologizing to the member, I saw a store that sells volleyball nets, and the owner with a really nice looking moustache. I stopped for a second and told them. Let's go talk to that guy. At first he was hesitant (I'm catholic) but later he opened up a lot, and said that this was the first time people from our church had visited him. He was really excited to learn more. Don't second guess the spirit.

We played volleyball again because the zone had such a fun time the first time. At least this time I didn´t hurt my neck or get burned, because I put on sunscreen. I just got a headache because I didn´t drink enough water. Better safe than sorry but on four different levels.

Well that´s all for the week. See y'all next time.

Elder Cloward

Fotos of missionaries finishing the mission next week and a funny game they played in a church activity where you have to (without hands) make the cookie go from forehead to mouth. Pretty funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment