Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Sick again... Cambios!... cheap shoes... and finally an email with pictures.

A picture of all of the all of the missionaries in Riobamba. 
From left to right Elder Cosio, he´s a really good friend of mine because we both have the same amount of time in Ecuador and in Riobamba. Yo. Elder Brown, tall Elder from Alabama. Elder Ochoa, tall from colombia, he´s interesting because before the mission he was a laywer, he´s 25 years old. My companion Elder Salazar, Elder Astuñaupa, Hermana Salazar (yes they´re are two with that name in the zone) and Hermana Bashford who was in the MTC at the same time as I was.
The two on the ground are Elder Johnson and Elder Wilson. 
Hola todos!

First of all, I am happy! Every day I get to play a little part in the greatest work in the world. I get to study teach and help others live the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing.

We moved houses in order to be a little closer to our sector and the new house is really nice, except the shower isn´t very hot. I´ll send some pictures. Although I won´t stay in that house for very long...

I did however get sick again from eating something bad. I threw up again but this time in a members house... oops... I´m doing a lot better now but my stomach is still really fragile. Which may be a problem because...

I´m traveling tomorrow! The changes came in and I was called to move to Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo is a larger city that is a lot lower in altitude. I may actually be able to breath when we play soccer as a zone or district. Being lower in altitude also means that it will be a lot hotter, and humid. Time to pack away my sweaters.
Although I am sad to leave my first area, I am very excited to go because a lot of Elder´s talk about Santo Domingo as if it was the best part of the mission. We´ll see. My sector is called Bombolí and is a hill that overlooks the city. It will be gorgeous. 

Oh I also bought a cheap ($7.50) pair of shoes for playing soccer. I didn´t yet take pictures of them but they´re alright. We played soccer once again with the Elders in Riobamba and I got to try them out. They are nothing special, but it´s nice to have a second pair of shoes in case one gets dirty.

We taught another great lesson to Patricia, and her daughter Natali joined in. At the beginning they served us coffee, so we decided to teach the word of wisdom, and at the end I felt prompted to promise very specific blessings to the both of them. The daughter is in university so I promised her better grades, and the mother has really bad alergies and I promised her health. It was really powerful. However, I won´t be able to see what happens as a turnout.
Joseph and Michael are really excited, but their father is a little skeptical. We met him a few days ago and he said if they are ready for baptism it´s ok, but he doesn´t think they will be. Elder Salazar will get to keep working through that problem, but I´m really glad I got to play a part in their conversion.

Well when you here from me next I will be in a much greener and hotter place. I wish you all the best!

Elder Cloward

The kitchen

We sleep in the living room because the others aren´t big enough

The study

We were too lazy to move the desk inside the house to do our language study.  That big thing behind us is chimborazo.


No comments:

Post a Comment