Tuesday, October 2, 2018

This place feels like the hood...

Hola todos!

What a crazy week here in Santo Domingo. (I almost wrote Riobamba)

This place is crazy. 
First of all it gets hot here when the sun comes out but when there are clouds it is really nice weather. 
Second, It is really green and happy here. 
Third the people are really open and funny here. I have a hard time understanding all of the jokes they make here. 
Fourth the food is really really good (but I can`t really eat it yet because I`ve been really sick to my stomach). 
Fifth there is a massive market here that measures multiple blocks. 
Sixth the work is a lot faster here, or more people are willing to listen.
Seventh, I love it here!

My new companion is a blast. He jokes around a lot with the members here, and had a rock band before the mission. He can sing and play guitar really well. He`s from Guayaquil and has a really big loving heart, but like a lot of missionaries I've met, hides it behind his joking nature. I really love the guy, even though I can`t always understand his accent. (the accent from the coast is a lot different then the accent from the cierra)

As the missionary work goes, when I got here we already had 3 people with dates for baptism. Andres and Flor (son and mother), and Isabel (who I met yesterday). All of them will be baptized next week and I`ve only taught one lesson with each of them. I did however have the great opportunity to testify to them that the decisions that they were making were going to change their lives and help them come closer to God. Baptism is what God wants for all of his children.

Also we set 3 more people up on date. One of them (Georgina) has been struggling with health problems and has to have dialysis every Wednesday and Friday, but she is very open to hear from us and her son is very excited about the gospel. 
We also met a young girl named Anayhi that is an 8 year-old daughter of a less active family that wants to be baptized. She is really excited to learn and her family wants to support her in the decision.
Finally Lilian, who has been listening to missionaries for a long time accepted a baptismal date. We read in Mosiah 18 where it says "if this is the desire of your hearts, what prevents you from entering into the waters of baptism." (not exact wording). And Lilian told us... "nada" pr `nothing´ It was really wonderful! 

I`ve got a bunch of pictures this time so I hope you like them!

They told us to show the prettiest face we had...
MY companion Elder Toaza was cutting up some onions...
We played a game where you have to talk fast and pass a fraise around. If you goofed it up you recieved some lipstick in the face. Luckily I only messed up once.
Here is Anayi and her older sister

This is a send off picture from my favorite family from Riobamba. My companion says he`s got 8 months left... :P
My companion Elder Toaza is a really goofy guy.
I thought missionaries couldn`t ride motorcycles.





No comments:

Post a Comment