Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Zone conference, Baños(Again!!!), and other great stuff.

Mon, Aug 13, 5:13 PM

Hola todos!

This week was really great. We had a zone conference and went to Baños with some of the Elder`s in Riobamba. 

In the zone conference we talked a lot about faith and how to improve our studies. When Elder Salazar and I got back we went to visit Alfonso and he returned our Book of Mormon and said he wasn`t interested. After we tried to contact people in the streets but no one was interested. I felt pretty down, especially since most of my work here in Riobamba has been finding and dropping investigators who seem really great at the beginning but aren`t interested in progressing. The next day in my study of the Book of Mormon, I read in Alma chapter 37, where Alma gives the plates to his son Helaman. I spent about 20 minutes finding principles in this seemingly less important chapter. In the chapter we learn that the Lord works in his own time, and if we magnify our calling and play our part we can help move along the grand work that God is doing. That was powerful to me, because although I may not have helped all people to come to Christ through baptism, I have planted a lot of seeds in the hearts of the people. I am glad to play a part in that.

Josè pasted his baptismal interview this week so now all we have to do is fill up the font. 
We also taught more to the young teenagers Joseph and Michael, and they are reading the Book of Mormon!!! Joseph is already in 1 Nephi 8. The both of them plan to have a competition to see who can read it faster, and the best part is we only invited them to read the book. They are soooo excited to learn all they can about our message. We also met with their mom and she has been having lots of questions about which church she should be a part of. They are catholics, but not very active, and she has been really confused. We invited her to do what Joseph Smith did and pray to know what she should do. They are really excited.
The group that we went with. Elder Wilson, Cosio, Ochoa, Salazar, Brown, and me.

In Baños we went to the great waterfall (pailon del diablo) again and got completely soaked.
After we found a place to fish trout and have them cook it for you. It was a blast, but I`m not very good at fishing, so I didn`t catch anything... :(
We had such a great time with all of the Elders and we are seeing a lot of success here. I am so glad to play my part in this great work

My companion is showing how many months he has left on his fingers... :P
Elder Cloward



No comments:

Post a Comment