Tuesday, October 30, 2018

So much work

Hola todos!

This week was really really full. Yet we didn´t knock on a single door. We´ve been working as a zone to find more investigators from the members, and we only found new investigators from the members this week. It was incredible. 14 of these people attended (I almost wrote asisted. If you know Spanish you´ll understand that joke) church this Sunday which is more than I have ever seen in all of my mission. I felt like I was working in Daycare again with so many people to keep track of, but it was wonderful and they all had a really good time. 

Midway through the week, we had a space of time where we could have gone contacting, but my companion decided instead to call a less active member. When we got there he told us he wanted us to teach his sister. In about 20 minutes we were in her house teaching about God´s plan for us to their family of 6. It was really incredible. It was a lot more efficient than knocking on doors. 

Preach my gospel says that people that come to the church because of their friends have a better chance of being baptized and staying active. If you know someone who has been struggling with problems recently in their life, invite them to hear about God´s plan for us from the missionaries. Be present for the teaching. God wants all of us to be a part of his gathering of Israel, and it starts with you. (If you haven´t read or watched the youth devotional by President Nelson and his wife, I suggest you watch it. It´s really good.)

Mango season has started hear. If you find them cheap they are about 20 cents a mango. It makes me happy! But it messes up my lips a little bit to eat them raw. :/

IMG_0298.JPG


We wanted to go see more waterfalls this week, and we thought we could walk to a place where there were a few, but it turned out that they were so much further than we thought, so instead we found a creek and hopped from rock to rock. I accidentally got one of my shoes wet, and then it was harder for me to find traction so later on I fell into the water a little bit. Oops.



Well I don´t really have that much more to say. Things are rolling along nicely, and we may have a few baptisms in the next few weeks. Marianella has finished a trip and now is working again to be baptized, maybe in the next two weeks, and the family that we found two weeks ago is progressing really well. We may have a few more coming along soon, with all of the people that attended (asisted) church this week. 

Overall, with all of the work that has been going on I´m beginning to feel a little stressed. I plan to do a few more things this week in the evenings before I go to bed to relax a little bit and clear my mind. But overall I am really happy.

Thanks for all of your prayers!

Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment